5 Weight Loss Tips To Give You A Kick Start
I know, it's hard to start a new healthy routine on the journey to a healthy weight. Having lost over 120 pounds and gaining back 90 of them, nobody knows this agonizing feeling more than I do!
I would like to share my top 5 weight loss tips I found helped me.
Oh! Keen to actually up-date the general style for my own blog. Ideas on the whole design at http://echolakebiblecamp.ca? Honestly a remarkable Ontario based bible camp if wanted in the general Ontario region. Leave your opinions. Many thanks!
1. Keep a daily food and activity journal. This is a must for everybody starting a new healthy lifestyle. Write down what you eat at each meal, including snacks. This helps you to visualize exactly how much calories you are consuming in a day. Studies have proven that those who kept journals with regards to their daily caloric intake we're able to lose twice as much weight compared to those who did not keep a journal.
Jot down your physical activity daily as well. This helps to motivate you to do a little more exercise each day.
2. Print a couple copies of the photo of yourself you completely despise. You know the one, we all have them! The photo you look at and think "is this really how big I am?". Put one copy on your fridge, so every time you are going to snack on things you probably shouldn't, that face is staring at you telling you "you don't need to eat that!"
Keep the second copy on you, laminate it and keep it in your purse, gym bag, brief case wherever you feel it will motivate you.
Keep a copy of this photo on your iPhone or iPod that you will be using when you work out. It helps to glance at it when you start feeling tired and motivates you to keep going.
3. Unhealthy carbs have to go. And I mean completely. You must have a funeral for them and say your goodbyes, because they will not do you any good. Potatoes, rice, pasta, donuts, cakes, cookies, muffins, chocolate and bread are a few needing mentioning here. I am not one for so called "diet plans", but from personal experience while losing weight and doing well, then eating carbs my body would feel it. The weight gain is almost instant. They also have a "sedative" affect causing you to feel lazy and drowsy. This is especially true after eating healthy for several weeks and then giving in to carbs.
The last carb you must say farewell to is regular sodas, any flavour. Water, water, water.this is to soon become your favourite beverage on your journey to lose weight. It is absolutely necessary to drink plenty of water every day. This is vital to lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle.
Diet soda, I will admit, I would give in to one can a day. Diet cola, it was like a treat for me! I know it does not contain anything nutritional, and even the aspartame is not good for me, but this was the one "treat" I allowed myself.
4. Start some form of physical activity. This does not have to be a vigorous gym schedule at first. Start easy, walking on trails or the track or even around your neighbourhood. Once you begin to feel comfortable, up your routine a bit. If you are walking for half an hour, try going up to 45 minutes. Once you are comfy walking for about an hour you might be ready to step up the work out a bit. This can be swimming, participating in a sport or getting ready to take that step and join the gym.
5. Do NOT weigh yourself everday! This is a common mistake that can lead to disappointment. The body weight will fluctuate. If you see you gained a pound since the day before, it can feel very discouraging and you may feel like giving up. I suggest weighing yourself once a week. So if you have lost 2 or 3 pounds in that week you will feel proud and motivated to keep going!
These tips have helped me in my weight loss journey and I hope you find them useful as well.
Many thanks readers! I actually Skyped a pal we would absolutely discuss his first-rate renovation contractor in Burlingtons, http://cardinalconstruction.ca for a good article. So if you were researching to find a renovation contractor here in the outlying Ontario sector, they actually really are amazing.
And finally, naturally I should mention the idea to this little text had been offered via Jason at 5star Fence Staining. They are a splendid fence staining services. We certainly cherish a fantastic tip!
http://maundersfoodshop.ca - Cheers Sean! I am aware you are incredibly busy. Many thanks for making the time 🙂
Posted in Dentistry Post Date 01/02/2016